Licensing service for our new Rector and Associate Minister
Update: the recording of the service is at https://youtu.be/oyfUJCQS74s
Apologies for the sound quality, which makes the singing sound rather patchy. It was in fact joyful, enthusiastic, loud, and truly moving. Thanks to everyone who made the service a success and a worthy launch of our new revitalisation.
The following is what we said about this service in advance:
On 31 August at 730pm, the Bishop of Guildford, Bishop Andrew, and the Archdeacon of Dorking, Martin, will lead a service to inaugurate the new ministries of Will, our new Rector, and Tom, our new Assistant Minister. If you want the full legal glory, Will will be Instituted, Inducted and Installed, and Tom will be Licensed!
This will be both a serious and a joyful and relaxed service. All are invited and welcome (and to refreshments in the Church Hall afterwards) and we expect a full service. Some of the practical details follow, and we’ll add more info nearer the time.
- Wheelchairs, mobility scooters etc are welcome. The church has level access. You can just turn up, but if you’d like to let us know in advance, we’ll make sure there’s a space for you without having to move chairs around.
- We will be live-streaming the service on YouTube. This won’t be a particularly high-quality stream, it’s just a single fixed camera, but it may be of service to people who can’t be there in person. The link is now at the top of this post.
- Car parking is in the car park behind the Church Hall on the other side of the road. We’ve reserved the whole car park for our use that evening so there should be plenty of space. Postcode KT22 8BD. Please don’t park in front of the Hall, that’s reserved for the Bishop, Archdeacon etc.
- The service will run from printed orders of service. We’ll be handing these out, but we also have some large print versions, don’t hesitate to ask for one if that’s easier for you.
- Toilets are in the Church Hall over the road, including an accessible toilet and baby-changing facilities.
- Light refreshments after the service are also in the Church Hall. There will be some nibbles provided by a Syrian friend of our church, and hot and soft drinks. Everyone is welcome.