3 Seat Sedilia & Piscina
When the chancel was extended in 1320 the south wall incorporated a piscina for washing the altar vessels, and a sedilia with three seats for the clergy.
The piscina is in the circa 1320 extension of the Chancel and its design accords with that date but original work is not evident.
The three recessed seats made of stone with polished shafts were for priests to seat in.
The niche (Piscina) beside it was for the disposal of holy water used to wash communion vessels.
Get In Touch
01372 362 544
(Staffed Wed-Fri 9am to noon)
The Parish Office, Parish Church Hall, Church Road, Leatherhead,
Surrey, KT22 8BD