Worship services return to the building
Our Rector is delighted to be able to tell you that we will be back in church to worship together at 10.30am on Sunday 6 September.
However … the way we ‘do church’ is going to have to be significantly different in these times of pandemic. To keep everybody safe, we have placed 74 chairs at the required social distance and have put the following protocols in place:
Entry to church
- enter through the North Porch, wearing your mask
- sanitise your hands and give Track & Trace details
- sit in your ‘bubbles’, near the Font if you would prefer to receive Communion in your seat
- if you would like to use a kneeler, collect one from the Remembrance Chapel (the Lady Chapel as was), and return it at the end of the service
During the service
- there will be music but sadly we are not permitted to sing
- to receive Communion
- those seated on the South side first (on the right hand side looking towards the Altar) when invited socially-distanced queue up the middle aisle
- receive Communion in one kind – bread only, no wine – dropped into your hand by the President
- return to your seat via the South aisle i.e. past the Allen organ
- those seated on the North side go up once those seated have received, again when invited
At the end of the service
- there will be a Voluntary played as usual
- please do not stay in church to socialise but leave by the West door and go down into Park Gardens where there is lots of space
- those on the South side from the back row, when invited
- those on the North side from the back row, when invited
- if you use a walker or a wheelchair, go up the ramp and exit by the North East door (opposite the Lower Vestry door)
On 6 September, we will gather outside the Parish Church Hall by 10.25am and process across to the Parish Church. Sadly, we will not be able to carry things back into church as we had carried them over to the Hall. There will be an opportunity for you to walk round the newly-reordered building at the end of the service but following Social Distancing rules.
Online service to continue
For the time being, we intend to continue putting a recorded service up on the parish website. The Sunday service will be substantially the same but without the hymns and with the readings, intercessions and sermon delivered in person.
I am so looking forward to meeting together again. Let’s make the most of this new step forward, despite the necessary restrictions.
With love and blessings
Revd Graham Osborne, Rector