The Scheme of Renovation Works
1. A new level stone floor in the nave and aisles has replaced the wood block flooring that had rot and infestation.
2. Eco-friendly under floor heating has replaced uneconomical Victorian heating system.
3. An oak serving hatch has been installed in readiness for the installation of a kitchen to improve catering & hospitality.
4. Construction of toilet annexe including baby changing facilities and an accessible toilet is yet to be completed.
5. Creation of meeting spaces for children’s work and other community activities in the Tower has been postponed.
6. New lighting, sound and projection facilities are fully operational.
7. Chairs have replaced the pews to provide greater flexibility in the use of the church building.
8. An interactive tour of heritage highlights has been created. 360 panorama views provide a virtual stroll around the church and a peak at the vaults during their excavation.
9. The glass-partitioned Remembrance Chapel provides a quiet space for private prayer and reflection.
10. The font was relocated to aid visibility and emphasise its symbolic importance.
11. A glazed door at the North Porch has made the entrance more welcoming.
12. The Parker Organ was moved to enable access to the Chancel by people with restricted mobility. This has opened up a unique heritage space to visitors.
13. Ramps to the Lower Chancel step and Upper Chancel step provide step-free access for visitors to the church.
14. The Chancel has been preserved as the focal point of our Medieval and Victorian heritage.
Scope of Works
Questions about the project should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
01372 362 544
(Staffed Wed-Fri 9am to noon)
The Parish Office, Parish Church Hall, Church Road, Leatherhead,
Surrey, KT22 8BD