Reredos & Mosaics

The highly decorative reredos behind the altar is an elaborate work of the Gothic Revival, particularly popular in the Victorian era.

Made of marble, Caen stone, alabaster and mosaic, the reredos was erected in memory of the Rev Benjamin Chapman in 1872.

It depicts the Last Supper with angels bearing symbols of the Passion either side.

Commissioned in 1911, the opus sectile mosaic panels of St Mary and St Nicholas on the wall are a memorial to Frank Utterton, the late Archdeacon of Surrey and vicar here for 30 years.

Get In Touch


01372 362 544

(Staffed Wed-Fri 9am to noon)


Find Us

The Parish Office, Parish Church Hall, Church Road, Leatherhead,
Surrey, KT22 8BD