The Proposed Scheme Renovation Works
- A new level stone floor in the nave and aisles to replace wood block flooring that has rot and infestation.
- Eco-friendly under floor heating to replace uneconomical Victorian heating system.
- Installation of kitchen to improve catering & hospitality.
- Construction of toilet annexe including baby changing
facilities and an accessible toilet.
- Creation of meeting spaces for children’s work and other community activities in the Tower.
- New lighting, sound and projection facilities.
- Introduction of flexible seating.
- Development of heritage media presentation/mobile app.
- Remembrance Chapel for private prayer and reflection, including the British Legion WW1 war memorial.
- Relocate the font to aid visibility and emphasise its symbolic importance.
- Glazed doors to the North Porch to make the entrance more welcoming.
- Rotate the Parker Organ to enable access to the Chancel by people with restricted mobility and create a unique heritage space for liturgical worship.
- Ramps to Lower Chancel step and Upper Chancel step enabling access for all.
- The Chancel will be preserved as the focal point of our Medieval and Victorian heritage.