Tower & Belfry
An imposing 15th century church tower with beautiful views of Leatherhead, the Mole Valley, and painted by landscape artist, Turner (1775-1851)
The tower was completed in 1480.
Originally, it had a wooden spire on top, but this was blown down in the great storm of 1703. In 1795 the doors were widened to house the town’s fire engine.
Over the years the number of bells housed in the tower has varied.
From first records in 1549 of four bells, to one in the Reformation, through various re-castings and augmentations to reach the ring of ten we have today
Get In Touch
01372 362 544
(Staffed Wed-Fri 9am to noon)
The Parish Office, Parish Church Hall, Church Road, Leatherhead,
Surrey, KT22 8BD